- 9.4 million Canadians live in housing below standards39
- Housing below standards is:
- 2.0 times higher among recent immigrants than among Canadian-born people
- 1.8 times higher among visible minority Canadians than among non-visible minority Canadians
- Poor housing conditions and overcrowding contribute to higher rates of respiratory infections in First Nations and Inuit children in Canada40,41.
- In 2016, one in five (19.4%) of Indigenous people in Canada lived in housing that was in need of major repairs and 18.3% lived in housing that was crowded42.
References available here